SURGERY: Labiaplasty (cosmetic vaginal plastic surgery of the labia minora or majora) in Los Angeles & Beverly Hills, CA
What makes a good candidate for labiaplasty and/or vaginoplasty.
Aesthetic Concerns such as;
- excessive length, thickness, bulk, redundancy, and/or dark pigmentation
- asymmetry with one side significantly larger than the other
- deflation and/or loose skin of the labia majora
Functional Concerns such as;
- discomfort and/or displeasure during sex
- discomfort wearing certain clothing or when exercising or even sitting
* Note that many women have these vaginal problems or defects as a result of genetics or developmental issues and others as a result of pregnancy. Therefore it is not unreasonable to consider labiaplasty surgery or vaginoplasty surgery even before having children, in fact, most patients have never been pregnant before their corrective labiaplasty or vaginoplasty surgeries.
Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty are among the fastest growing and accepted cosmetic procedures for women. It involves the surgical modification (most frequently reduction) of either the labia minora (inner lips) or labia majora (outer lips) to achieve a more proportional and/or comfortable anatomic size. The procedure is done on an outpatient basis and typically requires only light sedation or twilight sleep anesthesia. Even relative to many other plastic and cosmetic surgeries, labiaplasty and vaginoplasty patients have a high satisfaction rate and an improved self-esteem after surgery.
Labiaplasty is in a category of vaginal plastic surgeries known as female genital cosmetic surgery (FGCS). FGCS also includes: 1) Hoodectomy whereby excessive tissue covering the clitoris is reduced to provide better clitoral stimulation and thus improved arousal and 2) Vaginal Rejuvination in which the vaginal vault is tightened and supported to provide better accommodation and thus heightened sensation during sex. If you feel you have a need or desire for either of these other vaginal plastic surgery procedures, please feel free to discuss them with Dr. Stanton during your complimentary consultation so that he may help you determine if you are a good candidate. If necessary, labiaplasty, vaginoplasty, hoodectomy, vaginal rejuvenation and/or vaginal reconstruction can often be performed at the same time for convenience and to avoid multiple recovery periods.
Other Cosmetic Plastic Surgery Procedures
Beverly Hills plastic surgeon and vaginal plastic sugery specialist Dr. Stanton offers several cosmetic plastic surgery procedures and treatments that may be considered in combination with your labiaplsty surgery and/or vaginoplasty surgery to achieve the overall look and appearance you desire. During your consultation with Dr. Stanton you will be able to address your goals and expectations for your vaginal surgery and to ask any questions you might have. Other cosmetic plastic surgery procedures you can read about and may consider and discuss with Dr. Stanton are breast augmentation, breast implants, tummy tuck, rhinoplasty and others.